Marking his two-year journey in the NFT art scene, renowned French DJ, producer, and artist, Agoria, is presenting an unconventional token of appreciation to his fans and collectors.

The founder of the Sapiens record label is offering a shared stake in the royalties from his upcoming song as a tribute to Agoria's community, fondly dubbed the "Agorians."

“I thought about making a piece for the community,” Agoria told Decrypt. “I wanted to make something that was unifying. It's a system that keeps going up. You have the impression that it's an infinite loop.”


The song has already received a warm welcome from audiences in Ibiza.

“I started playing it and it went well,” Agoria told Decrypt. “I was happy that I made this piece from an arpeggio that I had leafed through some time ago,” referring to the sound made when playing a single chord rather than striking them all at once.

It will be launched during an official release party on June 7 at this year’s NFC Lisbon event in Lisbon.

To breathe life into this project, Agoria teamed up with Bolero, a blockchain-based music platform, tapping the project’s newly-launched “Song Shares” feature. Fans that hold an NFT-based song in their wallet will be able to earn recurring payouts based on how many times the song is downloaded or streamed, for example, thanks to Bolero’s service.


"Our growth has surged since we launched Song Shares in late January,” Bolero’s CEO William Bailey told Decrypt. “We have already exceeded our 2022 figures."

A significant 90% of the Agorians Song Shares are earmarked for the biggest collectors of the musician’s NFT artworks on Ethereum and Tezos, while Bolero users will be able to purchase the remaining 10% for $25 per Song Share.

To claim their entitled royalties, individuals must first create an account on Bolero and connect their wallet.

“This shift towards traceability and redistribution holds the potential to empower artists and creators by providing them with a fairer and more direct compensation structure, ultimately transforming the dynamics of the music industry,” said Bailey.

‘a pleasure to be part of this journey,’ says Agoria

After venturing into the NFT space in 2021 and initially minting artworks on platforms like Foundation, Agoria expanded his presence to platforms like OBJKT, SuperRare, and others.

Through his exploration of the NFT medium, Agoria has cultivated a vibrant community of collectors who have embraced his distinctive artistic style.

Another fascinating aspect of Agoria's creative process involves collaborating with scientists, particularly biologist Alice Meunier, to explore the intersection of music and neuroscience. By merging these disciplines, Agoria seeks to unravel the profound connection between sound and the human brain.

He also sees NFTs as a remarkable opportunity to disseminate scientific discoveries to a broader audience. Agoria’s also dabbled in artificial intelligence tools, exploring so-called biological generative art.


For his exploration, his work has gained substantial recognition in the art scene, solidifying his position as a prominent figure in the NFT community.

"I've been taken aback, even shocked, by the overwhelming enthusiasm and the connections that this journey has forged,” Agoria said. “People have exceeded my expectations, introducing me to a vast network including curators, museums, galleries, and various platforms."

To foster interaction within this community, he initiated discussions on Twitter and Discord with his community.

"I decided to establish a connection between music and art, with the intention to reciprocate the support I received," he told Decrypt.

Reflecting on his transition into the digital art space, Agoria notes remembers his initial encounter with a tight-knit group of web3 enthusiasts during a gathering held in the French southern city of Arles, back in October 2021.

From that point, his community saw consistent growth, bringing together an enthusiastic cadre of digital art and music lovers.

“I'm part of numerous groups, and often, conversations revolve around money,” says Agoria. However, I've noticed that our community is committed to real, long-term development. It's a pleasure to be part of this journey.”


Editor's note: This article was updated to show that the ownership is for a single song, not an entire album.

Stay on top of crypto news, get daily updates in your inbox.