Decrypt’s Art, Fashion, and Entertainment Hub.
What is a coin mixer, and why use them?
Completely legal (until today) reasons to use tornado cash
- you get paid in crypto and don’t want your employer knowing all ur financial details
- you pay for a service in eth and don’t want them to be able to see everything you’ve ever done onchain
— reza (@RezaJafery) August 8, 2022
Here's the list of Tornado Cash resources that were banned
- Tornado Cash @GitHub organization
- personal @GitHub accounts of TC contributors
- all $USDC on Tornado Cash contracts @circlepay
- @infura_io RPC
- @AlchemyPlatform RPC
- https://t.co/SHvgEjTOMV domain @eth_limo
— 🌪️ Tornado.cash 🌪️ (@TornadoCash) August 9, 2022
How do Coin Mixers like Tornado Cash work?
Tornado Cash is a tool for exercising one's Forth Amendment rights.
— Erik Voorhees (@ErikVoorhees) August 10, 2022
What are other legitimate use cases?
I'll out myself as someone who has used TC to donate to this exact cause.
— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) August 9, 2022